Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a Senior Product Engineer to join our team! This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Using established design practices and industry standards, act as product engineer for low, medium, and high voltage electric power equipment. As required, review and approve necessary mechanical & electrical drawings including, but not limited to, schematic and wiring diagrams based upon customer specifications and information. Coordinate with Application Engineers, Proposal Engineers, Direct Sales Engineers, and Designers to assist in the preparation of drawing packages for customer approval or manufacturing.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Plan and direct the front-end engineering, mechanical, and/or electrical drafting of customer orders.
- Ensure technical adequacy of designed product through necessary calculations and adherence to industry standards.
- Specify ratings for all buyout equipment used in the final assembly of product.
- Address any product-related technical issues that arise from the factory or customers.
- Ensure customer specification and requirements are met, while enforcing internal design practices.
- Compile data required for project assignments and develop specifications, reports, and other related written documents as required.
- Travel to customer sites as required and meet with customers during plant visits to ensure product meets customer, engineering, and application specifications.
- Maintain daily contact with manufacturing personnel to review and discuss drawings, modifications, and progress of work relating to the design and manufacture of equipment.
- Maintain contact with Eaton project management, customers or customer representatives to clarify and interpret customer specifications and to resolve problems.
- Provide engineering support to New Product Development projects, cost-out efforts, and continuous improvements to existing product lines.
- Analyze engineering change notices and warranty data to determine root cause and corrective actions to drive continuous improvement to reduce engineering errors.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of electrical engineering experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with a power systems emphasis.
- Experience working with controls, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Design engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time