Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Project Leader – Global Sourcing to join our team.
This position is based at our Los Angeles, CA; Jackson, MI; or Jackson, MS Locations.
This position will be responsible for strategically developing and implementing commodity/supply chain strategies throughout a global enterprise to reduce total costs. The role will require individuals to be familiar with the complete range of strategic sourcing activities which includes developing RFQ package, analysis of quote, the formulation and implementation of commodity strategies, the negotiation of long term contracts and the ongoing management of strategic supplier relationships.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Implement commodity portfolio within the scope of the strategic sourcing process to drive cost out of the supply chain by managing the following:
- Project management of Global Sourcing Initiatives
- Manage RFQ, Negotiations, Supplier Long Term Agreements
- Logistics – lowest total cost of supply
- Uniform incorporation of Eaton Corporation’s supplier agreements/terms
- Special Projects in support of Commodity Management
- Support implementation and maintains strategic sourcing strategies in support of Commodity Management Team to support business requirements.
- Implement commodity strategies in line with Corporate, Divisional, Site, SCM and Mfg initiatives to improve supply chain efficiencies and reduce the total cost of supply chain management.
- Manage Ideas and VA/VE programs to deliver Material Cost Out aligned to commodity strategies
- Builds cost models (TAC/should cost) to validate commodity strategies and to understand cost drivers
- Coordinate activities with Corporate, Group, Division and site mgt. Works with the Site Supply Chain leads to manage relationships with suppliers.
- Develops and coordinates Business Review Meetings with commodity supply base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage.
- Provide commodity support to New Program Teams as required to meet Target Costs and establish Program cost models.
- Drive savings initiatives in line with profit plan and overall business objectives for sub-commodity portfolio
- Monitor/report on process improvement and cost-out projects
- Train business-wide Supply Chain personnel on Strategic Sourcing processes.
- Ensures appropriate performance measure (Quality, Cost and Delivery) of supply base and feedback of results
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Supply Chain Management a plant manufacturing or operations environment
- Must have experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite
- Mast have previous negotiation experience
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area will be considered for this position: Los Angeles, CA; Jackson, MS; Jackson, MI. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience using Excel at an advanced level
- Analytical Background
- Previous project management experience
- Experience with international sourcing, including the ability to lead cross-functional supplier assessment and development teams and analysis of total landed cost
- Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
- Strong understanding of commodity processes as well as special processes.
- Knowledge of the commodity and commodity marketplace, including in Low Cost Regions
- Ability to analyze, identify and implement opportunities and corporate initiatives for improvement
- Ability to coordinate cross-site, multi-functional teams.
- Ability to develop sub-commodity strategies and priority setting for the Supply Chain initiatives
- Develop and lead an implementation team to deliver the commodity strategies
- Detailed knowledge of industry specific quality registration schemes (i.e. ISO9001, ISO/TS-16949, AS9100, etc.)
- Strong planning/project management skills
- Strong PC application skills, including Microsoft Office Software with strong capabilities in Project and Access
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time