Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is currently seeking an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Brooklyn, OH facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
This position provides environmental, health, safety, and security leadership to the site. Individual is accountable for: directing EHS activities; establishing EHS objectives and targets; internal reporting of EHS performance; communication of national, area, and local regulatory requirements, and; ensuring documents are available in the local languages. Position is responsible for: maintaining site permits and certifications; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; completion of required training for plant personnel; managing interfaces with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions; directing actions during crises; site security, creating a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Manage all manufacturing activities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
- Manage and directs site in achieving EHS targets& objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals and activities to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Facilitate risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Determine appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Develop and conducts training and learning opportunities aimed at growing employee understanding, ability and competency as it relates to EHS endeavors and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Develop behavior-based safety programs and works collaboratively with all employees to you will create and promote a zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- Create and facilitate EHS engagement through EHS teams, committees and champions needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Pursue third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Use established EHS data processes such as MESH Prism to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information including maintenance of the OSHA log.
- Develop and conduct training programs and educate key staff positions and employees on environmental and safety laws, regulations and procedures.
- Act as site point of contact for Federal, State, and Local inspections pertaining to EHS, and ensures compliance with air, water, waste water and storm water permits and other safety and environmental concerns.
- Assist in facilitating the development and maintenance of facility emergency response plans and ensure that all affected employees receive training as needed
- Manage capital upgrades and projects that pertain to EHS improvements as well as lead corrective action and incident investigation teams pertaining to EHS.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in from an accredited institution
- Minimum of (2) two years’ experience working in an Environmental, Health & Safety discipline within a manufacturing environment
- This position requires the use of information or access to technology which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR/EAR. ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Understanding of industry, state and country EHS requirements
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong leadership, coaching and influence management skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities and lead cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and formal problem-solving methods used to identify root cause and drive corrective actions
- Demonstrated experience in deployment of safety programs
- Strong organizational skills
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Discipline or related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience working in an Environmental, Health & Safety discipline within a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in auditing EHS compliance within a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience working in Unionized environment
- One (1) year of experience leading and influencing teams in an Environmental, Health & Safety discipline within a manufacturing environment.
- Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager certification.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time