Eaton Power Systems is currently seeking a Welder/Leak Tester- 2nd shift to join our team. Start pay at $21.45 depending on experience. This position is based at our Waukesha (Badger Drive) WI facility.
The Leak Tester is responsible for prepping tanks for leak testing, ensuring tanks are leak proof by pressure testing or by the use of Dye Penetrant, TIG repair on any weld leaks, applying required studs, ensure cleanliness of the inside of tanks, remove tanks from line or leak tester and palletize, and give final quality check.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Plug tank orifices in preparation for leak testing.
- Operate hydraulic leak test machines.
- Pressurize tank, apply soap to locate leaks, and repair leaks with TIG weld.
- Apply required studs using electric stud welding gun, using process standards.
- Use crane to take tank off line or leak test machine and palletize.
- Ensure cleanliness of inside of tanks by sweeping down the inside of the front-plate, then using the vacuum to remove debris.
- Give finished tank an inspector to ensure tank meets customer visual requirements; i.e. weld spatter removed, loose dirt, weld quality/requirements, and ensure that part and feature locations match drawing requirements.
- Document all non-conformances through use of tracking system by completing Material Reject Tags.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the Outstanding benefits we offer:
Competitive Pay, Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program and many more!
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have completed High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution.
- 1 year of welding experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within (50 miles) of facility will be considered for this position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Associates degree in welding
- Experience in weld inspection
Position Success Criteria:
- Successfully complete Eaton’s weld test (TIG).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No