Eaton's Lighting Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Aurora, CO facility.
The Manufacturing Engineer Technician's primary function is first line support of fabrication and production including troubleshooting, supporting material deviations and clarification of processes. Continuous improvement and Lean projects assigned as needed.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We created an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Trouble shoot all assembly, manufacturing and fabrication issues
- Maintain end of line test equipment including troubleshooting, software updates, managing updates to test boxes, etc.
- Maintain and update work instructions to new standard. Develop new work instructions as needed
- Conduct root cause analysis and corrective actions for manufacturing issues
- Develop and document processes to support production
- Develop and maintain fixtures, line equipment as needed
- Conduct time studies, process studies at the direction of Lean Process Manager
- Must be able to read and interpret wiring diagrams, assembly drawings and part detail drawings
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger. #LI-PM1
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicants' race, color, religion, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach forward, and stand for up to 12 hours.
- Ability to pick up pans, fixtures, lamps, sheet metal, and small wires and parts.
- Ability to engage in repetitive motion and tolerate exposure to varying temperatures.
- Ability to see fine details and distinguish between colors.
- Ability to regularly lift 35 pounds without assistance and occasionally lift more than 35 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment as required by company policy and procedure.
- Ability to use hand and power tools as required.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED from accredited institution
- 1 year experience in a manufacturing or assembly environment
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- No relocation - only candidates within 50 miles of Aurora, CO will be considered.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Technical or engineering associates degree
- Experience within the lighting or electrical manufacturing industry preferred
- 1 year experience in an electrical or lighting manufacturing environment
- Experience with SAP
- One year of design experience using Solid Works
- Wiring/Circuits knowledge and the ability to create proper wiring diagrams
- Experience creating part drawings for manufacturing
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No