Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Material Handler on 1st shift. This position will be located at our Arden, NC facility.
The primary function of this position is to service Production needs by cycling material and maintaining part storage rack organization.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Collect and turn in all cycled Kanban cards to correct Material Planner
- Complete Rack Audits
- Scan Racks for Stock Out
- Assist in material handling for production flow
- Manage Production Tower
- Recognizing urgent requests from Supervisor and production employees with immediate action upon those requests.
- Ability to support the Material Handing Team when employees are on vacation/absent.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided, candidates must live within 50 miles of the Arden, NC facility to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous experience in Materials
- Previous experience with AS400
- Computer skills – AS400, Microsoft Office, Internet, etc.
- Previous experience with Kanban
- Forklift certification or ability to obtain forklift certification
- Must be able to work effectively without direct supervision
- Ability to lift 35 pounds – waist, shoulder, overhead
- Ability to climb ladders
- Proven history of safe work habits
- Must be able to work overtime – weekdays and weekends
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No