Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking an Assembly Technician Aisle Worker to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Omaha, NE facility.
The primary role for this position is to have the ability to be mechanically inclined, utilizing different devices, and the ability to install electrical wiring.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Able to identify and locate the equipment and material then check it against the BOM (Billing of Material).
- The ability to use and read a tape measure.
- Install electrical devices to switchgear aisle walls and ceilings.
- Learn how to bend conduit using a hand, mechanical or hydraulic bender.
- Install conduit boxes and fittings to devices.
- Introduction to the NEC.
- Installation of all types of wire-ways.
- Proficient with all associated hand tools, drills, threaders, knock-out sets, cable benders.
- Basic math to aide in conduit bending, conduit fill, and device mounting.
- Reads, interprets, and executes drawings, schematics, blueprints, and electrical code specifications of switchgear.
- Can layout switchgear aisle and generate a BOM for all associated boxes and fittings.
- Installs electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber-optic, and line assemblies, lighting, and alternative electrical parts.
- Installs electrical circuits, as well as panels, conduit, protecting devices, switches, and equipment.
- Corrects connections and wiring on equipment controls wherever incorrect applications have been identified.
- Tests electrical and equipment parts for continuity, when needed for troubleshooting, “de-energized equipment only”.
- Complies with standards and procedures of industry, Safety Manual, and abide by safety rules.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 60-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- 1-year related experience in electrical wiring in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and interpret drawings or wire diagrams
- Experience in wiring electrical products
- Working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting ability
- Excellent history of work performance, team work and attendance
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No