Eaton’s Commercial & Residential Distribution Solutions Division is currently seeking a Product Line Manager to join our team. This position has direct responsibility for Wiring Devices industrial, commercial and residential product lines and is based in Peachtree City, GA
The primary function includes but is not limited to: responsibility for the creation and execution of the strategic marketing plan for the product lines. This individual will maintain profit/loss responsibility for the product lines and will orchestrate all activities associated with the successful go to market strategy. The product line manager is responsible for driving business growth strategies and margin improvements, product offering and positioning, product roadmaps, channel development, and interface with sales, channels and customers. This position manages and mentors the product management team to deliver on the marketing plan while strengthening capability of the team. A comprehensive understanding of the roles that engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, finance, marketing managers, product managers and HR play in product line success is essential.
In this role you will:
- Lead the strategic planning creation and execution
- Profit and loss responsibility for the product line(s) to meet revenue and margin objectives
- Provide strategic marketing direction for new product development, upgrades and launches
- Develop marketing plans that contrast competitors’ channel or product weaknesses to meet growth objectives
- Collaboration with other product lines to create product and marketing solutions for specific industries/segments (verticals)
- Develop and implement product roadmap to support business unit strategic plans
- Recruit, manage, and effectively coach the product management team that directly reports into the position
- Maintain relationship with key customers and sales channels
- Report financial results to key stakeholders
- Negotiate long term contracts with customers
- Be a voice of the customer and setting appropriate expectations with the division and sales
- Understand market trends and future segment growth
- Drive the engineering, new product development, upgrades or launches of the products in the line
- Work closely with channel, major accounts and segment managers and ensure expertise on the way to bring the product line to market
- Communicate and present results to Senior Leadership
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product management or sales management in the electrical industry
- Minimum 2 years leadership/management of people experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Marketing
- MBA or Master's degree
- Strong product knowledge of Wiring Devices & UL codes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with internal and external customers
- Proficiency in UL codes
- Must be a strong team player that enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Participate in and demonstrate understanding of other programs, such as: Eaton Business
- System (EBS), Eaton Value Cycle and PROLaunch
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS WD Wiring Devices
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time