Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking a Senior Sales Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Arden, NC facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
This position is responsible for customer order negotiation and quotation responsibilities including commercial guidance, pricing strategies, technical support, specification guidance/interpretation assistance, and other customer requested support functions as required to properly support profitable sales growth to assigned territories. Also required of this position is the desire and ability to effectively act as lead sales engineer on identified projects and act as department leader on product application and commercial issues.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Establish and maintain the highest possible commercial relations with present and potential customers by effectively employing skills with the art of salesmanship, application engineering, product knowledge, knowledge of the customer’s business and organization and competitive products and activities.
- Interpret incoming orders for proper content, price and compliance with terms and conditions prior to acceptance at division.
- Understand incoming division quotations for proper content, price, etc. to meet the minimum customer requirements prior to final order clearing.
- Advise as technical and commercial liaison between field sales, end-user/customers, distributors (if applicable) and other product line functions such as engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, scheduling and management.
- Recommends changes or modifications in products, policies or procedures to improve productivity.
- Maintains an active role in the formation and execution of sales plans through developing and evaluating competitive situations, report new product requirements, tracking negotiations and analyzing success/failure, developing accurate and timely monthly forecasts and reporting industry and market trends.
- Develop and present or assist in presentation of programs to promote the acceptance of products and/or services at customer locations, sales offices, trade shows, training seminars and Corporate meetings.
- Assume leadership role within the department to assist in negotiations or in the formulation of competitive strategies. Provide guidance and direction as needed to other sales engineers as required, including taking a lead role in working with trainees and their development. Other projects, duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three (3) years of prior technical sales experience or related electrical product experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business-related field from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Low voltage assembly (LVA) product experience.
- Seven (7) years prior technical sales, project management, or electrical industry experience.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Thorough understanding of product and technical aspects of electrical distribution and control equipment. Sound understanding of the functions of sales and negotiations and inter-departmental communications.
- Working knowledge of the overall sales function, customer channel, and negotiation techniques
- Ability to manage division, customer and departmental needs to maximize Eaton’s ability to obtain new business.
- Willingness and ability to provide leadership within the department including, but are not limited to, answering application questions, providing unsolicited support in the event of sudden work influx, insight to supervisor on commercial issues, and managerial guidance when the Sales Manager is unavailable.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time