Eaton's Cooper Lighting Division is currently seeking an EHS Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Aurora, CO facility.
The EHS Manager will manage and direct the site
in achieving Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) targets & objectives. You
will direct development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of
corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives. You will facilitate
risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS and Facilities
Maintenance hazards and with leadership team to create targets and objectives
based on key risks. You will determine appropriate leading and lagging
indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the
passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s
where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and
where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Support creation of EHS and Facilities goals for the site manager and appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Work to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements. You will use established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries, illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
- Drive and promotes zero-incident EHS culture throughout site as well as create and facilitate EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Work with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- Pursue third-party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Interface with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforces actions; directing actions during crisis; site security, creating a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site. You will also contract with outside vendors for necessary contracted work
- Develop and control the budget for all maintenance areas; strategically forecasts the maintenance plan annually.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 4 years of environmental, health and safety experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing people and/or project teams.
- Minimum 6 months of experience working with EHS Management Systems.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the Aurora, CO facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Science from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Leadership experience in a high accountability culture and metrics driven environment.
- Experience in manufacturing or research and development.
- Professional certification (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager).
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time