Eaton’s Vehicle Group is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer in the new Aguascalientes, Mexico location.
The Manufacturing Engineer working at Eaton’s new manufacturing plant in Aguascalientes - this position is focused on starting up the new site, installing equipment, and developing and improving manufacturing processes for new and existing products. The position will be responsible for contributing to and supporting manufacturing projects including equipment install and start-up, new product manufacturing, equipment productivity improvement, documentation, and other manufacturing engineering related initiatives.
- Develop and utilize project management skills to execute assigned projects and lead projects teams where necessary.
- Implementation and ongoing support of manufacturing processes deployed on production machinery that includes supporting the continuous improvement process when opportunities are identified to improve operation of equipment.
- Improve current machine tools to increase uptime, improve quality, and increase productivity.
- Supports the creation of manufacturing processes, routings, and drawings.
- Supports cross functional Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) teams.
- Coordinates development of gaging and control plans for manufactured products.
- Support the development of optimal manufacturing processes and provide cost estimates for business cases.
- Procure equipment and tooling per project plan and standards.
- Evaluate and verify processes and tool designs developed by peers.
- Manage suppliers to ensure on time execution of projects.
- Manage capital and expense spending for assigned projects. Ensure that all spending is in line both from a cost and timing perspective.
- Assure environmental, health and safety requirements are satisfied when the project is implemented
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we --- as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes, assembly processes, equipment technology, equipment capability, basic machine tool concepts, and product quality requirements for error free final product
- Good decision making and communication skills
- Capable of multi-tasking for multiple project assignments
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to do 3D Modeling
- Project management knowledge
- Knowledge and/or experience with lean, six sigma, and/or continuous improvement
- Creativity in creating unique solutions
- Basic Manufacturing Process Knowledge of:
- Forging, Machining, Grinding, Heat Treat
- Plating, Assembly, Welding, Inspection equipment
Travel approximately 25-50% (depending on project phase)Opportunity to gain exposure to and work with many cross functional teams
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time