Eaton’s Fuel & Motion Control Systems Division within Eaton’s Aerospace Group, has an opening for a Test Engineer. The position is based in Jackson, MS.
The Jackson facility has approximately 550 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacturing and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
The Test Engineer responsible for the design, development, and qualification of automated test procedures and testing systems to evaluate current and future commercial and military hydraulic products.; supervises the construction and maintenance of all hydraulic testing systems; drives continuous improvements in production, quality, and safety while driving improvement through the framework of the Eaton Business System (EBS).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Design, document, configure, and implement complex test procedures as required on component level test stands to evaluate current and future commercial and military hydraulic products.
- Provide superior internal and external customer service covering a wide variety of requests for general to specific information about the design, development, and operation of automated test equipment.
- Recommend and advise plant management regarding the buying of new test equipment, altering present equipment and rearranging or moving present equipment.
- Work closely with our Safety department to identify and maintain all test safety equipment in top working order.
- Leverage state of the art tools, methods and processes to improve and create common test systems, methodology, and core technical competencies across Test operations.
- Program and maintain various test stand software operating systems and Automated Test Procedures.
- Analyze data, provide insight, and report out on performance of tests and specimens.
- Perform failure analysis, investigate and troubleshoot issues, coordinate with cross functional team to ensure project objectives are met.
- Prepare/review documents including cost estimates, project schedules, design and instruction specifications, operating manuals, and technical reports.
- Develop and improve lab procedures and advise product engineering as to test and design product improvements.
- Work with product and test engineering team to design, assemble, and conduct tests to evaluate current and future products.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in Engineering or Manufacturing
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- There is no relocation being offered for this position. Only applicants residing within 50 miles of the Jackson, MS facility will be considered
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven
- Process oriented and ability to contribute to continuous improvement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong skills in key software programs such as National Instrument, Lab View, Excel, Word, Microsoft Project
- Proven capability to lead change in a team environment
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Detail oriented
- Comprehensive knowledge of electronic controls, hydraulic equipment, Allen-Bradley control logic, digital control of variable-frequency drives, etc.
- Extensive familiarity with Industrial and Electrical Engineering including understanding of theory involved in electrical power circuits, air psychometric, hydraulics, centrifugal pump circuits and building construction
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering from an accredited institution
- Professional Engineering Certification
- 3 years of engineering or manufacturing experience
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time