Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Euclid, Ohio facility.
This position is responsible for effective leadership, administration, and professional direction of the site’s engineering team. This individual will be responsible for short and long-range product development and to improve reliability, performance, and cost for existing product lines through sound execution of engineering principles and processes. The position also coordinates support to and from division and group engineering beyond the immediate site. Accountabilities under this individual’s direction are all phases of product development including Proposals, New Product Development, and Post Product Development field and production support. Provides leadership and technical guidance for the development of Military and Commercial fuel systems and components for aircraft engines.
- Leads an engineering department to deliver high quality technical deliverables on time. Develops and maintains a culture of accountability. Provides technical advice and guidance to this team. Creates opportunities for growth and development and improves employee satisfaction, product expertise, etc.
- Utilizes Eaton Business Systems (EBS) tools and processes to drive predictive performance on Engine and Airframe pump product and technology development activities. Develops and implements industry best practice processes and tools for engineering tasks. Monitors to assure adherence to defined processes. Develops organizational capability/capacity and engineering/technical skills among staff to support the product teams and division strategies and initiatives. Maintains appropriate training programs to assure continuous learning.
- Leads execution of robust design processes and continuous improvement/design efficiency initiatives such as Design for Six-Sigma and Design for Reliability across the Engine and Airframe Fuel Pump engineering and technology function. Develops practices for documented technical standards around best practices and using lessons learned.
- Drives continuous improvement of resource management, productivity, and first-pass quality of engineered products and deliverables. Identifies key engineering metrics, monitors performance and implements improvements accordingly.
- Operates as a key member of the Fuel Products Engineering Leadership team. Leads development and execution of strategic planning initiatives, allocation of engineering resources, and technology roadmaps across the Engine and Airframe Fuel Pump engineering and technology function.
- Develops and fosters close professional relationships with Engine and Airframe pump product customers and industry partners for developing new product requirements, major modifications of existing products, prototype qualification test requirements, and to resolve product performance deficiencies.
- Leads profit planning efforts across the Engine and Airframe Fuel Pumps engineering and technology function and manages the activity center budgets throughout the period of performance. Responsible for planning and execution to budget and resource plans.
- Operates as a key member of the Euclid Site Leadership including participation in the Site Leadership Team meetings and initiatives. Acts as a close liaison with the operating organization to ensure high-quality product integrity and year-over-year manufacturing cost reductions.
- Drives internal/external innovation activities across the product line engineering and technology function, including Intellectual Property management.
Manage engine pump and systems product family
- External customer satisfaction and contributions to business growth opportunities
- Internal customer satisfaction among functional and product engineering teams
- Risk reduction and problem-solving contributions to design, development, support, and service
- Specification compliance and adherence to Eaton design standards and industry best practices
- Quality and timeliness of documentation (First Pass Yield and On-Time Delivery)
- Change management process leadership
Safety of Engineering and Engineering Test Lab Teams:
- Preventative Observation Reporting
- Execution of identified projects within Gross and annual program budgets.
- Execution of identified projects within Net and annual program budgets
- Capital Spending to plan (annual and total) to support New Product Launches
- Achievement of Annual Product Cost-Out targets
Program Execution Metrics:
- On-Time Delivery of project deliverables and milestones
- On-Time Delivery of TRL, MRL, and CRL maturity to plan
- First Pass Yield of project deliverables
- Successful launch of new products
- Compliance to customer Critical to Quality characteristics
- Requirements Management compliance
- Innovation Events
- Patents, Invention Disclosures, and Patent Applications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in new product development
- A minimum of 5 years in a Leadership or Manager of People position
- Experience in conducting competitive analyses and defining/executing business level strategy.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, experience with design processes, portfolio and program management skills, knowledge of customer strategies, successful new product introduction experience, creative/innovative thinking.
- Proven track record of driving change and ability to develop and execute technology development plans.
- Experience with engineering processes/tools required
- Experience supporting product development and sustainment programs required
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication presentation skills and the ability to work well with customers and development team members
- Stay abreast of industry technology trends and act as the organizational liaison to universities and industry organizations accordingly
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree in engineering and/or business management is desirable;
- Experience with Aircraft fuel systems or products is preferred;
- Six Sigma for Design and Development (SSDD) or Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) certification is a plus and desirable
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time