Eaton's Lighting Business located in Peachtree City, GA is searching for a Director of Supply Chain, Materials.
The primary objective of this role is to drive improvement in service levels to Lighting’s customers while ensuring financial targets (manufacturing variances, inventory, sales, etc.) are met. Scope includes all product lines, division-wide, including all domestic and international markets. In this role, you will be responsible for the development as well as the ownership of the division’s Supply Planning, Forecasting, Retail Planning teams and Materials Planning Policy for the division. This position is also the owner of the Lighting Sales and Operations Planning (SIOP) process ensuring linkage between the sales/financial forecast, supply chain, manufacturing, marketing, sales and customer service functions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will establish strong linkage between the Demand Plan and the Supply Plan using SAP based tools
You will continue to build upon the strong foundation for current SIOP and PSI meeting content and rhythm
You will develop an SIOP KPI Bowler to measure the progress in improving the quality of the Demand and Supply Plans
You will develop and lead the SIOP Strategy across all Eaton’s Lighting Operating units. SIOP Strategy includes forecast optimization and utilization to deliver an operational capacity and supply plan that balances revenue, service, cost and working capital metrics.
You will develop and direct the implementation of the division-wide strategy for supply chain forecasting and planning. Scope includes all product lines; both produced and sourced, for all distribution center channels in North America and Asia. The breadth of responsibility extends across the entire value chain to include enabling improved supplier performance through optimal forecasting and planning processes.
You will be responsible for the development and successful implementation of Eaton’s Supply Planning strategy and processes to optimize service and working capital.
You will work closely with operations and commercial management to determine the optimal inventory investments to maximize revenue and inventory turns.
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in progressive supply chain roles
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Peachtree City, GA. No relocation benefits are offered for this position.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- MBA degree from an accredited university
- Experience with SCM program and commodity management functions
- Experience with global sourcing and supply base management
- Track record of successful implementation of large-scale distribution/inventory management strategies for a large manufacturer
- Strong presentation skills with proven ability to present complex ideas to all levels of a corporate hierarchy as well as external customers and suppliers
- Ability to work within and influence cross-functional teams and senior business leaders
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in MRP, JIT, Six Sigma, Lean Mfg., Kan Ban, and Vendor-Managed Inventory
- Track record of experience in complex programs including but not limited to electronics, injection molding, progressive tooled metal stamping, light assembly, wireless
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time