Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking a Warehouse Material Handler to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Perth Ontario facility.
This position is responsible for various Material Handling functions including but not limited to; Picking, Packing, Receiving, Cycle Counting, Wrapping Pallets, Loading and Unloading trucks.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Work safely from verbal or written standard work instructions
- Pick and Pack outbound material, receiving, inspecting and putting away material
- Regular use of computers and handheld RF scanners
- Participate in yearly Physical Inventory activities
- Load and Unload trucks as well as stretch wraps skids
- Operator various types of Powered Industrial Equipment (Lift Trucks)
- Perform 5S+ cleanup duties
- Communicate with administrative, plant and supervisory staff as required
- Powered Industrial Equipment; Reach trucks, riding pallet trucks, hand trucks, etc.
- PC’s, RF scanners
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent level of education from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in Canada without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within an 80-kilometer radius of the work location will be considered
- Minimum 3 months of warehouse material handling experience
- Basic intermediate computer skills
- Experience with Powered Industrial Equipment (lift trucks)
- Basic understanding of mathematical concepts
- Good interpersonal/team member skills, self-motivation
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No