Eaton’s Electrical Sector, Lighting division is currently seeking a Regional Specification Sales Manager – Southeast Region to join our team.
Growing specifications and sales for architectural lighting and control products, focused on the top specification markets, areas with new agents, or markets underserved by current representation by tracking sales, and identifying large growth markets or opportunities.
This individual will also interface with Marketing/Product Development to help identify new product ideas, emerging trends in both products and codes, as well as to keep current on competitive manufacturers in all aspects (pricing, product offering, feature and benefits, policies or services, etc.). The successful candidate will be proficient at detail product presentations using samples as well as electronic presentations.
Regional travel is required approximately 50-60% of the time to train agents and sales representatives (Commercial/Industrial, National Accounts and Distributor), and to call on, and develop relationships with key specifiers. Occasional travel to national tradeshows may be requested.
The successful candidate will work with specification sales management and area sales management to develop realistic sales goals and budgets by markets and with key customers. The candidate must be comfortable with database and CRM software to help manage an active specification project pipeline.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 8 years sales management experience in an electrical products industry
- Minimum of 5 years specification sales experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must be able to travel within territory a minimum of 50% of the time
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a major metropolitan area in the states of Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi.
- Minimum of 10 years sales management experience with lighting or lighting controls industry
- Minimum of 5 years specification sales experience with extensive background working with lighting designers
- Active membership in professional specification
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, motivational and organizational skills.
- Understand and demonstrate the ability to use CRM and MS Office applications such as Excel and PowerPoint to develop presentations/sales tools to assist in selling LED products
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals in prior positions
- Ability to work remotely from home and manage all sales roles responsibilities from a home office. Independent and organized.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time