Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a SIOP Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Galesburg, MI location.
This position coordinates and manages demand planning, capacity management and inventory for Commercial Powertrain Aftermarket Product line within Vehicle Group North America. This role will develop, maintain and monitor customer demand plans on a monthly basis. This will be achieved by integrating product mix with total volume, operational plans with strategic/profit plans all while working pro-actively to maintain optimum balance between supply and demand, operational capacity and working capital. This is to ensure operation efficiencies to meet customer on time delivery in the most profitable way.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Develop the aggregate Demand Plan (12-18 month rolling demand forecast) and supporting assumptions on a monthly basis for financial rolling forecasts and support the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning Process and on an annual basis to drive Profit Plans.
- Develop, document, update and challenge the factors and assumptions supporting the demand plan. Understand demand segmentation driven by sale volume and demand variability to determine inventory and forecasting strategies as well as action plans to reduce forecast variation.
- Develop product mix forecasts as input for Material planning / SCM based on the aggregate demand plan.
- Provide detailed input to sales and marketing for use in the demand consensus review and executive SIOP meetings. Measure and report actual vs. planned performance overall by market segment (product line), customer locations, product family, model mix, etc. Monitor and maintain the demand plan performance (forecast accuracy) at various levels within the product structure. Participate in analysis of the cause or error to ensure continuous improvement of the overall process.
- Provide a monthly financial SIOP data for Division and Plant financial rolling forecasts to include intercompany demand. Work with Eaton international locations directly on Forecast production volumes at their plants. Manage minimum and maximum inventory levels to align inventory to Sales targets determined by SIOP.
- Create and update the monthly inventory rolling forecast for Division financial rolling forecasts. Work with plant materials team to find opportunities for improvement on Inventory management and execute action as appropriate. (Lead time reduction, E&O, slow move, non-nettable, etc.).
- Manage cycle count process, root cause analysis and drive for inventory accuracy improvements. Track production output in conjunction with SIOP, including weekly demand and capacity reports for operations planning.
- Serve as the technical expert in matters concerning the use of information systems for demand, capacity and inventory management.
- Bachelor's Degree required from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Demand Planning, Master Scheduling, Plant operations or related field
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in supply chain management, engineering or general business.
· An advanced degree from an accredited institution.
· Prior plant operations experience is preferred
· Prior experience with ERP (Oracle, Demantra), business intelligence platforms (Cognos, Power BI, Qlikview), and vehicle product knowledge.
· APICs or CPIM certification.
· Problem solving skills, ability to work in a team environment , ability to speak to different levels of the organization
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time