Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Cost Accountant to join our team in Peachtree City, GA!
The position is responsible for cost accounting functions including reporting, account analysis, month end closing, forecasting and PPV analysis. Position requires an individual who is highly organized, attentive to details, communicates well with others and able to make logical and effective decisions. Individual will liaison with Accounting Manager, Director of Finance, and various other individuals throughout such as buyers, and operations management.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
In this function you will:
- Develop accurate standards (product cost) for proper inventory valuation and reporting. Costing daily and/or weekly. Working costing errors for quarterly and year-end standards.
- Review and reporting responsibilities for capital purchases; depreciation forecasting; process monthly transfer and capitalization forms.
- Account Reconciliations.
- Forecasting manufacturing expenses and variances including hourly production labor, variable overhead, production support costs, PPV and other manufacturing variances.
- Month end closing activity support: IE: E&O review, production order close and other material variances, PPV reporting, preparing JE’s and preparing variance comments for month end financials.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 3 years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Relocation assistance not offered for this position; only candidates residing within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered for this position.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Peachtree City, GA. will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Accounting from an accredited institution
- 5 years’ experience in a cost accounting role
- Prefer experience with SAP
- Strong financial reporting, analysis and presentation skills
- Experience in financial forecasting and modeling
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal, communication and proven managerial / leadership skills
- Knowledge and understanding of (accounting) principles, policies and (business) concepts
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operational analyses/reports
- General knowledge of financial systems
- General knowledge of statutory accounting requirements Making decision - decision making techniques to know and apply in practice
- Analytical thinker and forward thinking
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No