Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking to hire a Ducting Welder to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
Achieve and maintain a minimum welding certification in Inconel, Stainless Steel, and titanium
Fabricate details and duct assemblies by scribing, cutting and grinding to tight tolerances.
Be responsible for the conformance of finish parts to drawings and specification.
Participate in continuous improvement of processes.
Weld details and ducting system.
Fit and weld all Class parts
Train other welders and fitters
Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
When we embrace the
different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we —
as individuals and as a company — are stronger
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one year of experience in Gas Tungsten Arc welding on Inconel and/or Stainless with thickness ranging from .020 to .125; or completing of Eaton’s internal welder university; or completion of welding degree/certification.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Position Success Criteria:
- Position requires strong math skills and ability to read/interpret engineering drawings.
- Certification to, AWS specification D17.1 is necessary.
- Strong visual inspection skills are required.
- Experience with band saw, belt sander, chop saw, rotary tools/grinders and hand held inspection tools (i.e. calipers, micrometers, pi tape, loops, etc.)
- Position requires exposure to oil, dirt, and heat.
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand 8 hours a day
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No