Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician II to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
RELOCATION AND/OR $1000 SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED
The primary function of this role is under minimal supervision, performs mid to expert level mechanical, electrical, and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on CNC Lathes/Mill machinery in accordance with manufacturer's manuals, diagrams, schematics and sketches.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Perform intermediate level break-fix/preventative maintenance on CNC Lathe/Mills to drive machine up-time and ensure production schedules are met
- Independently perform maintenance per industry standards
- Report to the facilities manager and works closely with technicians, manufacturing engineers, and other high-performance team members
- Identify and sources parts, supplies and repair items as necessary.
- Construct and alter physical facilities to accommodate changes or improvements.
- Utilize predictive maintenance technologies to collect equipment performance data. Observes trends and makes recommendations to improve equipment reliability.
- Possibly be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years maintenance experience in mechanical maintenance industry OR Associates degree with a technical focus and two (2) years of maintenance experience in manufacturing industry
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and within the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience maintaining CNC Lathes/Mills
Minimum of five (5) years of experience in maintenance
Complies with all national and local safety and environmental standards, guidelines and policies by driving EBS/World class workforce initiatives such as ISO14001 and/or applicable regional initiatives.
Understanding of how to use precision gauging instruments.
Ability to proactively work with other team members under limited supervision.
This position requires standing and/or walking for an entire eight – twelve hours.
Ability to comprehend and follow technical standards and maintenance procedures.
Knowledge of operating lift truck, material handling equipment, man lifts and hand tools.
This job requires working daily with lubricants and solvents.
Proven ability to run a machine with multiple settings or specifications
Ability to read blueprints, schematics and drawings.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico