Eaton’s Electrical Sector, Marketing Commercial Operations is currently seeking a Field Project Manager to join our team. This position is based within 50 miles of one of the following Eaton locations: Arden, NC; Raleigh, NC; Mountainside, NJ; Seattle, WA or Tualatin, OR.
The Field Project Manager allows for greater levels of sales productivity by fully engaging in and taking ownership of all post project order activities. The Field Project Manager is expected to create value for the Eaton sales team, product divisions and customers, acting as the primary liaison between internal and external stakeholders, ensuring all project milestones are met. The project manager is ultimately responsible for the successful execution of the largest, most complex and highest risk electrical projects sold at Eaton (from order entry to order closeout). This position focuses on data center projects for large, hyper scale customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Build internal and external relationships to facilitate execution of the project management process.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to perform order transition from sales and clean order entry.
- Build and maintain a project communications plan, maintaining strong customer relationships throughout the project lifecycle.
- Build, maintain, and communicate a project schedule (milestone matrix) with internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee and coordinate the technical aspects of projects at a component, assembly and electrical system level.
- Build and communicate a project financial baseline; drive the project financials utilizing a change log while optimizing any opportunity to advance the projects financial position through proactive change management.
- Coordinate and act as the liaison between the customer and Eaton production operations during factory witness testing.
- Coordinate equipment startup and warranty resolution after installation at the site.
- Maintain productivity through the expeditious closeout of existing projects, allowing for acceptance of new projects.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of electrical industry experience
- Experience in project management and the project management process
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Arden, NC; Raleigh, NC; Mountainside, NJ; Seattle, WA or Tualatin, OR will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- PMP Certification
- Strong application of Engineered Power Products
- Five plus (5+) years of electrical experience, Project Management experience
- Five plus (5+) years of experience in the hyper scale data center construction market.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time