Eaton's Fluid & Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Glenolden, PA facility.
The Manufacturing Engineer Technician's primary function is advanced trouble shooting of electronic quality issues (assembly and test), test box creation and maintenance, and LabVIEW support for production.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We created an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Trouble shoot all electronic quality issues.
Inventory/maintain all production test boxes, identify boxes that present risk to operations due to design, lack if back-up or alternative test method, or potential to have a false positive.
Improve test box design to poka yoke false positives and allow for calibration, as applicable.
Develop a process to catalog / maintain flash drives / identify information (data) used on these drives. Evaluate process for potential alternatives to eliminate need for flash drives.
- Provide LabVIEW floor support.
Design and build single or multi-channel test boxes for production and create schematics and mechanical drawings for test boxes.
- Set-up and operate vibration tables.
Perform failure analysis on customer returns to determine root cause of failure. Draft, repair and perform ATP (Acceptance Test Procedure).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger. #LI-PM1
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicants' race, color, religion, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years technical degree in electronics, mechanical or electrical engineering
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in electro-mechanical manufacturing and/or electro-mechanical experience gained in the military
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Certain duties performed by this role require this position to be subject to the guidelines of our Repair Station Certification and are subject to DOT drug testing.
- LabVIEW software knowledge
- CAD / Catia knowledge
Position Success Criteria:
- Knowledge of DC (Direct Current) circuits.
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes, function generators, Ohm meters, basic electronics testing
- Familiarity with programming structures such as if/then, case, while
- Analog experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No