Eaton’s B-Line division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Pinckneyville, IL facility.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for collaborating with Operations team to improve results. In this role your will identify process variables affecting safety, quality, delivery, or cost. You will utilize the continuous improvement techniques supporting of Lean Daily Management, and other team-based initiatives that propel practical problem-solving methods. You will also serve as the subject matter expert for punching, brake press, tool and die, and waterjet operations to drive appropriate training, utilization, and improvements in the facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Monitor, improve, maintain processes, layouts, and parts.
- Improve safety, quality and productivity in sheet metal forming processes through
- Developing and training operators on effective methods for equipment operation
- Troubleshoot stamping and forming processes to improve safety, scrap, and productivity
- Plan, justify and implement new technologies to support Gratings operations
- Manage tools and dies to support operations (maintaining punches, review materials, etc.)
- Maintain a constant search for identifiable and measurable cost reductions through scrap analysis and technology applications.
- Participate in capital planning, investigate equipment alternatives, prepare appropriation justifications, implement equipment, and evaluate results.
- Plan and participate in Lean activities.
- Implement new processes for new product launch.
- Be responsible for the implementation and deployment of actions to ensure compliance with all applicable MESH processes.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Support other assigned duties
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years in a manufacturing or operations environment.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 60 miles of the following Eaton locations: Pinckneyville, IL.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Technology Engineering.
- Previous CNC programming experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Proficiency in SAP and Auto Cad/Solid Works or similar program.
- Proactively implement, promote and maintain a safe working environment.
- Working knowledge of production processes, lean manufacturing and quality control techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong leadership and teaming skills, solid analytical and reasoning skills.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time