If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Administrative Assistant - Patent in Eaton’s Corporate business, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Processing incoming emails in the EPLD patent mailbox, including renaming and uploading emails to the electronic document management system, docketing deadlines, opening workflows and updating the patent database with information such as status changes or filing particulars etc.
- Docketing invention disclosures and preparing confirmation emails to inventors and other relevant parties
- Creating new patent records including PCT- , National Phase- and EPC validation records in the patent database.
- Processing incoming invoices, including following up on issues, uploading copies to electronic document management system and docketing same in the patent database;
- Preparing patent filing reports to inventors and other relevant parties
- Preparing reports on a regular or ad-hoc basis from the EPLD patent records database, including but not limited to deadline reports
- Providing administrative support to update the IP database and other tools with information related to restructuring of different businesses, currency exchange rates, internal and external contact information etc.
- Supporting the EPLD team with correcting irregularities found in the patent database
- Miscellaneous office clerical and administration duties related to EPLD
- A practical understanding of the patent systems around the world and a high degree of motivation to acquire this knowledge through internal training, online courses and on the job experience
- Preferably 1 to 3 years’ experience of working in the field of patents in a multinational environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication skills
- A strong ability to work with IT tools including databases and Microsoft applications in particular Excel
- The working language of the EPLD is English. A high level of spoken and written English is a must and additional German language skills would be an advantage.
- The successful candidate must be a team player, with strong communication skills. He or she must have the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other team members in Pune and EPLD members in the EMEA region. He or she must be highly motivated, capable of achieving goals, getting excellent results, and must adhere to the highest standards of business ethics.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: * RV1
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time