Eaton’s B-Line division is currently seeking a Sheet Metal Fabricator/Machine Operator to join our team. This position is based at our Worcester, MA facility.
The Sheet Metal Fabricator will set-up/operation of multiple mechanical or hydraulic brakes, presses, shears, turret punch presses, grinders, and spot welders to fabricate components for product assemblies to meet customer demands
- Maintain necessary records for all operations including 1st. piece inspection and safety start-up.
- Monitor equipment conditions and perform basic preventative maintenance.
- Checks completed parts to ensure compliance to Worcester Plant Quality standards and makes necessary adjustments when required to meet quality goals.
- Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary.
- Adheres to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions.
- Assist team in achieving plant and department goals and assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement.
- Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.MSJA
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 6 months experience in in light to medium industrial manufacturing environment or completion of a vocational/college technical program/certification (minimum of 6 months).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 mile radius) will be considered.
Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in fabrication of machine operation in light to medium industrial manufacturing environment.
Minimum of one year utilizing blueprints in a manufacturing environment
Position Success Criteria:
Requires frequent standing and bending. Must be able to regularly lift up-to 35-pounds
Ability to read written instructions and comprehend verbal instructions.
Ability to read and follow standard work.
Ability to use good judgment and problem-solving skills to make informed decisions.
Knowledge of basic shop math.
Basic computer knowledge of Windows based operating systems and programs.
Ability to read and understand formal, informal drawings, and/or engineering drawings.
Ability to use measuring tape, and variable gauges, such as calipers.
Ability to change tooling/tooling parameters.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD WL WrightLine
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No