Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Cycle Count Warehouse Associate on 1st Shift. This position is based at our Charlotte, NC facility.
This is a warehouse position requiring the use of industrial powered equipment such as narrow aisle reach forklifts and end riders. This position is primarily responsible for supporting the Inventory Cycle Counting Program. This position will be asked to assist other areas of the warehouse as needed. This position is required to maintain the required production levels, inventory accuracy, and good housekeeping.
This position will be required to work a flexible schedule based on the Inventory Cycle Count Program requirements: normal hours Tuesday through Thursday are 5:30am-2:00pm, and Mondays and Fridays may require working 3:30am-11:30am.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Perform regular task such as cycle counting via inventory documents, cleaning the rail of lost and Found materials and the moving of damaged materials.
- Perform actual verses system counts as issues arise, empty overflow checks, empty pick checks
- Determine proper pick location capacities
- Creation of inventory documents via SAP
- Performing various special projects as they arise
- Identifying root causes and process improvements and communicating them to your Lead Person and/or Supervisor.
- Accepting that this job entails a “clean as you go” mentality due to having to clean behind others to accurately count a location.
- Flex to picking, receiving and shipping departments as dictated by work volumes
- Communicate any issues with work orders to lead and/or manager
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- A minimum of 1 year of previous warehouse experience.
- A minimum 1 year of standup reach forklift experience
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Charlotte, NC. will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 1 year of experience in RF technology preferred
Position Success Criteria:
- Internal candidates: Certified and capable of operating end-rider, stand up forklift and scissor lift.
- Internal candidates: No written warnings on file within the last 6 Months
- Be a team player and have a positive attitude
- Must be able to flex schedule to meet needs of the business
- Possesses solid communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to move boxes (up to 40lbs) and re-stack pallets when needed.
- Ability to shift to other areas of the warehouse when needed
- Quality, cost, and goal oriented
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS WD Wiring Devices
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No