Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Senior Shipper/Receiver to join our team.
This position is based at our Beaver, PA facility.
The Senior Shipper/Receiver completes invoicing transaction for all shipments. This includes utilizing customer portals, completing ASN (Advanced Shipment Notifications), various carrier specific labels, ITAR specific documentation, export documentation, and government contract management. Perform transactions necessary to invoice customer orders specific to each customer requirement and ship method. Maintain proper queue management. Conduct auditing functions to verify correct shipments. Manage overtime to the shipment forecast. Support the Supply Chain Group by providing the necessary support including but not limited to: shipping and receiving, maintaining files, and providing back-up support for all plant operation support areas.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, and expert knowledge in the areas of shipping procedures and processes.
- Adhere to all Eaton policies and procedures relative to SCM and shipping functions. Compliant with all AS9100 quality certifications.
- Proactively address changing priorities; and positively manage projects, initiative, and activities under tight deadlines.
- Apply excellent organizational skills enabling management of multiple tasks and priorities in a fast paced work environment.
- Problem-solve difficult customer relations issues; proactively address changing priorities; positively manage projects initiative and activities under tight deadlines.
- Coordinate oral and written communications between internal/external customers, supply chain management and staff.
- Work proactively with internal/external customers to ensure timely delivery of customer requirements while upholding the standard work procedures of the shipping office.
- Creatively think of delivery solutions to ensure shipment forecast dollars are hit daily/monthly and self-monitor the progress to the target throughout the work day.
- Drive effective relationships with employees as well as external clients (e.g., key customers)
- Understand and analyze supply chain information and develop innovative methods and procedures for corrective actions within the department and/or division.
- Bring shipping/invoicing errors to the attention of the immediate shipping supervisor to put preventative measures in place.
- Provide assistance to other key staff members and functional projects as needed.
- Support Continuous Improvement culture by attending tier meets as appropriate and compiling appropriate data when needed.
- Help train new hires on domestic orders in the shipping office
- Help the shipping team to be three deep on all positions by being fully trained as a backup for the government desk.
- Be the primary backup for Intercompany consolidations. This includes filing necessary compliance paperwork for international shipments.
- Have proficient knowledge of Proficy MES system to ensure work orders are released correctly.
- Create ASN’s through customers’ Portal websites.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in logistics
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beaver, PA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Expert functional, administrative office and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to respond to detailed inquiries in situations where others may not be knowledgeable or research may be required.
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Access and MS Project are a plus).
- Experience with ERP systems (MGF/Pro is a plus)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No