Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking an Equipment & Parts Maintenance Technician to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Toronto, Canada facility.
This position is responsible for the maintenance of equipment and parts, as well as UPS testing for the services function of the Power Quality business in Canada.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Manage all service parts and equipment in the distribution centre by receiving, evaluating, and determining functionality.
- Refurbishment of used parts and equipment.
- Scraps non-functional parts and equipment.
- Setup the equipment required for testing and perform testing of products.
- Maintenance and clean-up of the test bay portion of the distribution centre.
- Initial training will require minimal travel to the United States for training purposes for two weeks.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Minimum college diploma from an accredited institution in an electrical or electronic-related field OR a certified electrician
- Must be able to work in Canada without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within an 80-kilometer radius of the work location will be considered
- Experience working with electrical equipment
- Warehouse experience
- Tow motor experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No