Eaton is currently seeking an IT Analyst to join our team. This position will be based out of either our Auburn or South Bend, Indiana locations.
The IT Analyst will fully understand the concepts behind the ITIL support model and the Problem Management practices in particular. ITIL foundation certification or above in the latest ITIL version is recommended. The successful candidate will keep abreast of new technologies, processes and tools and be able to request and seek-out training to address gaps in knowledge or to build skills that will advance your contribution to the team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will conduct root cause analysis on issues assigned and works with appropriate personnel to obtain plans for cause mitigation with minimal supervision, detecting patterns in symptoms and is able to work with necessary teams to identify long-term, permanent resolutions.
- You will problem analyzes and investigate to drive implementation of proposed solutions with appropriate team to see them through to implementation.
- You will analyze data from all pertinent sources, including Incidents & Incident management team, to identify multiple issues with similar/same Root Cause.
- You will monitor production incidents in order to identify or recognize production problems and must be able to manage multiple problem investigations of varying levels of criticality effectively.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Four-year degree in computer science or related field from an accredited institution and minimum 1 years’ experience – or -
- High school diploma and minimum 5 years related experience required
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Auburn or South Bend, Indiana – no relocation benefits will be offered with this position.
- Must have infrastructure hardware experience (Servers, Storage, Network, or UC) and strong analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Must be able to leverages the Problem Management best-practices guide in the execution of the PM function.
- Experience with miscellaneous equipment used in manufacturing locations such as bar code scanners, specialized printers, industrial PCs, RF Scanners, etc.
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to speak to those outside of the function to troubleshoot and analyze successfully
- Analytical, problem solving, action orientation and drive for results competencies
- Able to engage with outside vendors for various contacts and communications
- Self-motivated; able to function without direct supervision and prioritize work according to team goals and timelines.
- Able to coordinate cross functional meetings between internal employees as well as technology vendors to drive issues to conclusion.
- Able to drive lower priority investigations in a single technology area.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time