Eaton's Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Reliability and Safety Engineer to join our team! This position can be located in Fort Worth, TX, Grand Rapids, MI, Jackson, MI, Galesburg, MI, Glenolden, PA, or Jackson, MS.
This position will report to the Reliability, Maintainability and Safety (RMS) Center of Excellence (CoE) with focus on driving robust design and Design for Reliability practices into product development as well as leading certification compliance for all Aerospace programs globally. The Aerospace RMS team is part of a broader RMS organization whose support includes Aerospace, Vehicle, and Hydraulic business groups. This position is responsible for leading comprehensive system reliability, maintainability and safety programs within the Industrial Sector Center of Excellence (COE). This position is also responsible for driving deployment of new tools and processes within the Aerospace Group (e.g., Design for Reliability (DfR), Design for Safety (DfS), or Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) deployment).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop a comprehensive system reliability and safety program plan, interfacing with Program Management to align key dates and milestones. Reporting progress of deliverables and developing recommendations for program gate decisions.
- Have to quantify system reliability and safety requirements based on customer wants/needs and competitive benchmarking information. Allocate reliability and safety requirements to subsystem and component teams.
- Have a general understanding of reliability estimation methods, such as Reliability Block Diagrams, Fault Trees, MIL-217 and others.
- Manage multiple projects involving both mechanical and electronic components for completeness and compatibility with organizational objectives and standards.
- Support peer reviews of project deliverables to ensure accuracy and coordinate with engineering teams to resolve technical issues.
- Support reliability and safety analyses for electrical components, either individually or through team efforts.
- Have in depth understanding aerospace safety standards (ARP4761, MIL-STD-882, DO-178C and DO-254A). Basic understanding of vehicle safety standards (ISO 26262) and/or industrial safety standards (IEC 62061 or ISO 15998) is a plus.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a reliability and/or safety technical role
- Minimum 1 year of experience in new product development
- This position requires the use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the international Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be US persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a US Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work locations will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the aerospace industry
- Knowledge of fuel systems, aircraft systems, and/or hydraulic control systems
- Experience with reliability modeling, FMEAs/FMECAs, fault tree analyses, and analyzing large data sets
- Experience with ALT/HALT/HASS methods
- Experience with RAM Commander or similar fault tree software
- Prepare and review Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (FMEAs) per industry standards (MIL-STD-1629, ARP5580).
- Prepare and review various RMS documents needed to support certification such as Reliability Prediction Report (RPR) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA).
- Understand basic state of the practice methods for aircraft certification (AC 23.1209-1, AC 25.981 and ARP4754A).
- Support a Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) process, driving continuous improvement through a statistical problem-solving approach (8D).
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time