Eaton Corporation’s Industrial Sector is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner. This role will be based in our Beachwood, OH location.
Reporting to the VP Human Resources, Industrial Sector ($8 billion globally), the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will have responsibility for providing strategic HR leadership and support to the Industrial Sector functional leadership team; including, the SVP Engineering, SVP Finance, and SVP Operations. The HRBP will also lead the functional talent management strategy, organizational effectiveness, executive level talent assessment/selection, and employee relations management across sector employees. Additionally, the HRBP will provide full spectrum HR support to the Sector based teams and partners with Corporate and Electrical Sector HR Business Partners to ensure alignment of IS functional initiatives and actions.
- Lead identified global functional organization and talent management strategies, utilizing organization development concepts, processes, and tools including assessment, diagnosis, design (OAD), talent reviews, and change management.
- Work with other HR & TMOE leaders to ensure deployment and sustainment of activities.
- Provide leadership coaching to functional leaders and leadership teams; act as a role model and sponsor for Eaton Vision, Leadership Attributes, Aspirational Goals and Doing Business Right.
- Drive build organizational capability initiatives to meet the current and future needs of the business; utilize data including OCA (Organizational Capability Assessment) to assess and address functional talent development needs.
- Partner with Regional/Group HR leaders and TMOE Managers to drive functional talent development initiatives, including but not limited to critical role initiative, leadership development activities, functional/region specific talent reviews.
- Support executive and non-executive level Employee Relations activities by working with management to resolve conflict and facilitate achievement of established business objectives.
- Develop and support functional development activities; advise on functional/technical competencies, associated tools and processes for functional/technical competencies assessments, standardized job descriptions, and other career developmental activities.
- Support SVP’s and teams on implementation of HR subject matter needs through liaison responsibilities with corporate HR subject matter experts based in the regions (e.g., Talent Acquisition, Assessment & Selection, Executive and Non- Executive Compensation, etc.)
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a human resources role
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Experience partnering with senior leadership to create and drive strategic HR and key functional organization initiatives on a global scale.
- Experience in a matrix organization.
- Experience with organization assessment and design and developing / executing talent strategy preferred
- Collaborative and team-work focused style
An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, employee incentive compensation and complete benefits
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Industrial Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time