If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Lead Technician -Test Lab based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- The Primary responsibility would be to perform instrumentation support and provide assistance to engineering personnel to setup, install and on-time completion of accurate product and /or system testing in accordance with specific test procedures as defined by the Test lab team. The position requires to.
- Good understanding of strain gauge preparation activity and its calibration
- Sound knowledge of signal conditioners and sensors like Accelerometer, pressure, Torque etc
- Good knowledge of measurement of uncertainty, Gage R&R, ISO17025.
- Troubleshooting test rig control system and sensor interface issues
- Understanding of data acquisition systems, hardware and software that are being used for testing
- Understanding of AC motor driven test stands and its related installations.
- Ability to fix any minor issues with test rigs and lab and work with his peer engineer to improve or develop any new methods solving the issues.
- Train and monitor fellow technicians and drive completion of tests in prescribed time frame
- Drive compliance to all the 5S & safety requirements as per MESH guidelines. Maintain clean orderly and safe workplace.
- Maintain and manage equipment calibrations for the lab and coordinate with sub-contract companies, as needed, to complete required activities. Perform Gauge R&R and measurement Uncertainty.
- Collaborates with diverse cross-functional teams at global level, demonstrates project management knowledge
Diploma in Instrumentation / Electronic engineering with 4 to 7 years of relevant work experience
Good working knowledge of Instruments , Data logger , Strain gauges etc
Safety & Quality Management Practices
Experience on fault identification and propose corrective actions
Clear understanding about sensors, electronic components of DAQ etc.
Sound knowledge on Electrical Test Safety.
Proficiency in PLM/ERP tools like Enovia, SAP, Oracle.
Understanding of manufacturing processes and product engineering tools
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time