Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is currently seeking a Coordinator/Clerk – Maintenance Department to join our team. This position is based at our Syracuse, NY facility.
The Coordinator/Clerk for the Maintenance Department (sometimes also known as a Maintenance Technician or Maintenance Coordinator) is responsible for communicating all incoming maintenance requests and facilitating the requests to the appropriate department for completion.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Promote a safe work environment – Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain work order system (Maximo). Create and run related reports. Maintain accurate records.
- Enter Maintenance Requests-Initial Point of contact to submit Maintenance requests for Site.
- Coordinate Site Janitorial services. Support functions-Coordinate services such as Office Moves, Cleaning, Shredding, and Conference Room arrangements.
- Assist with Mail Room Back up.
- Communicate with shift operators, supervisor and support personnel. Communicate Operations Needs with Maintenance Foremen, Managers, and support personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Maintenance Manager.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 6 months of administrative experience.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the Syracuse, NY facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of administrative experience, preferred.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office.
- CMMS Application experience (Maximo).
- Experience using SAP.
- Maintenance experience, preferred.
- Must have strong communication Skills including verbal and written (E-Mail).
- Must have strong computer Knowledge; Microsoft Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No