Eaton’s Lighting Division is seeking a Pricing Manager. This position will be based in our Peachtree City GA facility.
The Pricing Manager will lead of team of Pricing and Product Specialist professionals. The manager will be accountable for revenue and margin management growth for Eaton’s C&I channel, covering the West, Gulf, Southeast regions. The responsibilities include pricing for multiple opportunity types (e.g. stock & flow and, project) across a variety of market opportunities. Utilization of enterprise commercial platforms and toolsets is also required, including pricing trend analysis, discrete opportunity analysis, and financial impact analysis. In addition, this person would drive lean methodologies for continuous improvement, cross-functional strategy alignment, management of pricing related exceptions, proper resolution of channel conflicts, adherence to related and relevant company policies, and cross-matrix collaboration. Overall team mission is to maximize sales, margin, price performance, improve processes, and enable the achievement of stated company financial objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Responsible for leading a team of pricing & product professionals to maximize sales, margin, price performance, improve processes, and enable the achievement of stated company financial objectives.
- Support the sales organization in evaluation of existing business for pricing and profit improvement opportunities and in evaluating and implementing customer specific pricing strategies.
- Create pricing strategies to deliver YOY pricing and margin gains.
- Drive pricing and product excellence initiatives and actions; champion the greater utilization of the full pricing levers, data analytics, and market intelligence to maximize the annual Operating Income impact from a cohesive pricing and product capability.
- Work directly with agent partners and Eaton’s sales organization during customer specific quote development for existing and potential new business. The incumbent will leverage appropriate tools to enhance pricing analytics capabilities, working with business and sales teams to utilize the tools - segmentation, value props, etc. - required to drive value pricing
- Responsible for analyzing product (offering), customer mix (profitability), pricing processes and practices.
- Provide ongoing analysis of customer and product profitability.
- Partner with the product management to understand trend changes in our offerings, price, and cost to maintain strong customer margins.
- Partner with internal and external partners to build pricing and create and maintain agent and distributor price books.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Minimum 3 years of management experience
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience to include advanced data analysis experience (MS Excel)
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a customer facing role
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Peachtree City will be considered for this position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Minimum 1 year of project management experience
- Minimum 5 years of systems experience (SAP, BW, Access, FLASH or equivalent)
- Proficient knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with customers via the phone, e-mail and other written and verbal communication mediums.
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, remain focused and reach a resolution.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Conflict Management – able to adapt to situation and make sound business decisions.
- Problem Solving Skills – shows ability to use data to solve problems.
- Decision Making Skills – based on financial impact as well as customer-focused.
- Solutions-Minded – focused on providing solutions versus just answers.
Eaton has announced its intent to spin off its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time