Eaton’s Global Customer Support Services Team is currently seeking an Order Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Arden, NC location.
The Order Manager will be responsible for providing internal and external sales support. This position will manage orders to include order entry, backlog management, and leverage all available resources to meet customer expectations while creating a positive customer experience.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Provide general order management to include; order entry, promised date compliance, backlog management, coordination of material shipments, on time delivery, order expediting, and status/tracking of orders.
- Collaborate with sales, Eaton manufacturer representatives, Eaton business partners, purchasing, credit, and legal departments in an effort to drive order issue resolution and customer satisfaction. Provides solutions and alternatives to customers in order to meet needs.
- Proactively communicate in a timely manner with customers about order verification, order status, pricing and shipment status. Coordinates in a timely manner with operations to verify lead times, schedule customer orders according to their delivery needs and communicate special handling requests.
- Challenge cross functional processes for continued business improvement.
- Proactively run and analyze reports to determine orders to be released to meet revenue numbers and customer demand.
- Manage order backlog to ensure forecast accuracy for the business unit.
- Assist with the facilitation of the Return Material Authorization, credit, and re-bill processes.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in customer support, supply chain, or related business experience required
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Arden, NC will be considered.
- Proficient with computer and software tools – including advanced Excel capabilities, advanced database knowledge (SAP, Oracle Service, OBIEE) and other PQD related software programs.
- Previous experience in order management, logistics or supply chain
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Access, and Excel).
- Ability to effectively communicate to external business partners and customers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, jobs, and processes simultaneously.
- Capacity to act as an agent of change, driving, and enabling process changes to continuously raise performance standards and drive improvement.
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to maximize business results and positive customer experiences.
- Ability to handle change in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical thinking skills; problem-solving capability.
- Ability to regulate work commitments and time within the workplace, effectively managing multiple priorities ensuring quality and efficiency.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate professionally across many organizational levels and functions and effectively build rapport with stakeholders.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD FSCS Field Service Customer Support
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time