Eaton’s Hydraulics – Fluid Conveyance Division is currently seeking a Forklift Operator (Material Handler) to join our third shift team. This position is based at our Forest City, NC facility.
The Material Handler will report directly to the SCM Manager, and responsible for movement of materials to prepare for operation, inventory transactions, improving inventory accuracy, shipping and receiving of product, and filling in at different positions when needed.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Maintain a safe work environment and use proper safety devices as provided. Abide by and actively promote all facility safety guidelines and quality procedures.
- Be responsible for all material movement and related computer transactions.
- Keep material supplied to the extruders and braiders.
- Assure FIFO is being practiced and warehouse inventory management.
- Be responsible for cycle counts when assigned.
- When needed, will travel of offsite warehouse in company vehicle to unload/ load trucks and retrieve material needed for plant operations. Also must travel outdoors on forklift to retrieve packaging or chemicals needed.
- Maintain a channel of communication between management and departmental personnel on shift cross-over.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Forest City, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- A minimum of 1 year of forklift experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license without restrictions.
- Previous stand up forklift operating experience
- 1 year of manufacturing or distribution center experience
- Excellent attendance record
- Good performance record
- Effective communication skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No