- Utilize SCM processes to identify potential suppliers, conduct RFP's, develop supplier selection criteria, negotiate terms, apply government flow-down terms, deploy and effectively manage supplier contracts and minimize supplier risk and maximize cost effectiveness and value for ERL government programs.
- Support the development of and maintain an acceptable contractor purchasing system per DFARS 252.244-7001 as required for ERL government contracts.
- Comply with Operational Security (OPSEC) Plan requirements for government programs in accessing and handling information and communicating specifications to material and service vendors for engineering and stakeholder technical requirements.
- Review open Purchase Requisitions (PR), prepare Purchase Orders (PO) and manage purchasing card (Pcard) activities for ERL’s (Vision) project accounting system.
- Ensure timely invoice responses by reviewing Markview for invoices approvals or irregularities, posting invoices in SharePoint for approval and upon approval, receiving invoices in Vision and communicating with Eaton’s corporate finance team to resolve any invoice payment issues.
- Support ERL engineering technology exploration through subcontractors and consultants by assisting the Government Contract and technical team in developing a Statement of Work.
- Ensure compliance for all ERL new Supplier Adds and updates to the supplier database.
- Ensure Eaton’s Supplier Diversity process is integrated into ERL and coordinate with Small Business Liaison Officer(s) (SBLO) in support of ERL Small Business Program.
- Ensure compliance for ERL purchasing records retention in SharePoint.
- Support training for ERL personnel in SCM process and requirements for procurement of materials and services from new or Eaton preferred suppliers for government programs.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years’ professional experience in Supply Chain
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States on an on-going basis without Company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Menomonee Falls, WI facility will be considered for this position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration or Mechanical, Industrial or Production Engineering from an accredited institution
- 2 years’ experience sourcing and negotiating contracts
- Experience in purchasing and compliance for government contracts
- Knowledge of or ability to learn FAR and DFAR
- Working knowledge or ability to learn Oracle R12 to efficiently and effectively manage ERL purchasing functions
- Detailed oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize commitments in a time sensitive environment
- Strong written and verbal skills to effectively interface with all levels of business
- Ability to work independently and maintain strong customer service focus
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time