- Drive continual improvement in the Eaton Business Excellence process throughout the organization.
- Drive continual quality improvement through the Quality Management System. Influence and drive resources to resolve customer quality issues, escalating issues as necessary.
- Identify strategic directions and actions to drive improvement in quality performance, and to meet increasing customer expectations.
- Identify and eliminate process variations resulting in external and internal failures through 8-D corrective action, Six Sigma, LEAN tools, and other Quality Management System tools and processes.
- Responsible for quality engineering which provides maintenance of line support, and quality plan deployment.
- Drive continual process improvement.
- Ensure that processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented and maintained.
- Report to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any needs for improvement.
- Responsible for overseeing all quality assessments including from customers, internal Eaton, and outside agencies.
- Ensure the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Quality in a Manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 8 years of supervisory experience.
- English language at a conversational & negotiation level required.
- Quality Systems Assessment and Training experience.
- LEAN experience.
- Advanced Manufacturing Technologies experience.
- Six Sigma and statistical analysis skills.
- 8D, Root Cause Analysis experience.
- Certified ASQ-CMQ/OE and/or ASQ-CQE.
- ISO 9001:2015
- Previous experience in the electrical industry is preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: ES CRDS WD Wiring Devices
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time