Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Senior Instrumentation Test Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MI Argyle Test Lab location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Senior Instrumentation Test Engineer will design, troubleshoot and operate test fixtures for the purpose of testing of products. Provide instrumentation and controls system guidance for test equipment & lab strategy. Test both prototype and production hardware with a focus on safety and quality, verifying that it performs to the customer required specifications. Determine what data is needed and then identify the actual test methods, materials, fixtures and equipment required. Create & modify test programming and data acquisition software, perform script based data analysis. Schedule and perform tests; keeping the customer up-to-date and presenting data to the requester. Maintain responsibility for all engineering details associated with the testing performed at this facility and others as needed to fulfill customer obligations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Maintain a safe working environment by providing adequate precautions to tests in process.
- Design safety into every test and activity.
- In-house expert on test equipment controls, programming, instrumentation & data collection.
- Provide engineering technical expertise for active test programs.
- Coordinate build of test equipment required to perform requested testing.
- Program test stand controls software to support DAQ functions and test control.
- Perform technical analysis and necessary research for capital equipment requests (CAR)
- Provide input to the development budgets to meet the financial objectives of the organization.
- Provide input to the strategic, tactical, and capital plans to align facility capabilities with the requirements of the business.
- Communicate with both internal and external customers to establish technical requirements, determine appropriate plans & schedules, and update progress and results.
- Assist in the daily deployment of the ISO-17025 quality system
- Create and maintain a highly engaged team culture that generates cycle time reductions, improves automation & efficiency, enhances facility appearance, capability and capacity and fosters continuous improvement and innovation
- Maintain and improve facilities and equipment to meet current & future business requirements, focusing on automation of test equipment controls, data acquisition and analysis.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Math, or Engineering field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in operations, engineering and/or testing.
- Sponsorship is not available. Candidates must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science and / or an emphasis in control systems
- 5 years or more of professional experience in operations, engineering, testing
- Project management experience
- Experience in a product engineering, test engineering or an automation/controls engineering position in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with complex control systems, programming and instrumentation
- Design/development/commissioning of automated test systems and PID controls
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, machining, pressure vessel design, LabVIEW and Microsoft Office
- Design/development of data collection and analysis systems
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Strong communication skills, both written & verbal
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Ability to comprehend complex written instructions
- Desire and willingness to quickly learn new products, technologies, and testing techniques
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and balance multiple objectives
- Strong attention to detail & ability to work in a self-directed environment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time