- Drive Lean Manufacturing implementation in all manufacturing and administrative areas, and sustain the results achieved.
- Defining and implementing strategic initiatives to ensure our continued success in the deployment of the Eaton Business System by utilizing the Eaton Lean System, 6 sigma, and PROLaunch.
- Provide leadership that will enable subordinate personnel to develop and deploy the EBS toolbox: Eaton Lean System, Six Sigma, and PROLaunch.
- Responsible for execution of the key break through continuous improvement projects within the specified area of responsibility, including the achievement of stretch performance goals.
- Responsible for sustaining the results achieved through follow up reviews, building of local organizational capability and deployment of Continuous Improvement Framework.
- Cost Out Project Management.
- Promotes the company’s mission and vision by actively supporting Eaton’s ethics and values as well as quality policies.
- Motivate and coach employees to maintain high levels of satisfaction, productivity, and quality through effectively utilizing available program rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote desired behaviors and results.
- Providing Training and mentoring to Key contributors based on ELSS Criteria, Continuous Improvement Frame work, Rapid Improvement Event.
- Driving Continuous Improvement Efforts based on Key Metrics.
- Leading the CI Council.
- Leading Productivity Council – Cost Savings Management.
- Drive the Continuous Improvement Framework Initiative.
- Drive ELSS and OpA Internal Audit team and conducts training and audits. Develops implementation plans with Business Team and Operational Leaders after annual audits. (Tactical Plans)
- Conducting ELSS Assessment or Trainings on others Eaton Facilities.
- Supporting EBS Deployment leading the ELSS implementation.
- Supporting EBS pull process
- Implements, promotes and maintains a safe work environment by implementing a culture of accidents prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and application of rules. Identify, control and administer risk and danger in own area.
- 10 years of experience in Continuous Improvement, Project Management and NPI in highly demanding manufacturing environment.
- 8 years of supervisory experience.
- 5-7 years of experience leading Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience on use of lean manufacturing techniques and methodologies and its deployment into manufacturing areas.
- Extensive knowledge and use of six sigma methodologies and its deployment into manufacturing areas. Green belt certification a must.
- English language at a conversational & negotiation level required.
- Experience conducting multidisciplinary teams at leadership levels.
- Experience on manufacturing processes, such as: plastic injection, stamping, forming, assembly (high labor content and automated process).
- Black belt certification preferred
- SAP MRP system knowledge preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Latin America
Organization: ES CRDS WD Wiring Devices
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time