Cooper Wiring Devices, Inc. has an immediate opening for an Embedded Engineer.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible for designing Wiring Devices electronics to support the Lighting Controls and IoT platforms, using knowledge of embedded software by being involved in the complete development cycle.
- You will code firmware that enables the launch of new products that require wireless protocols, control theory, proprietary or standards based communication protocols, lighting controls.
- You will actively coordinate the embedded design with the electrical, power, control system and enterprise software throughout the product development cycle.
- You will ensure new products meet our customer’s needs by understanding the customer needs by working with product management; understanding the system level design and enterprise software architectures by working with the systems and software technical leaders; ensuring the product specifications are complete, accurate and achievable in collaboration with the technical design team; designing solutions that fulfill these needs and meet regulatory requirements; validating the design through design reviews, product testing and detailed analysis; incorporating support for the manufacturing, commissioning and ongoing maintenance of the product / system. You will drive decisions and deliverables within the team and provide proactive direction ensuring a stable and scalable solution.
- You will protect intellectual property through patent disclosures. Perform Engineering analysis and support all activities involving UL, CSA, NEMA standards.
- You will perform project management activities to progress the project along the toll-gate process. Work with Engineering Services to develop and release product design documentation, including drawings, schematics, PCB designs, Bills of Material, through the ECN process.
- Requires 10% international travel to business offices and manufacturing location.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or a directly related field plus five (5) years of relevant embedded product design experience. Experience must include:
Programming in C or C++;
Working with firmware development lifecycle;
Demonstrating knowledge of RF, digital and analog circuitry;
Debugging microprocessor firmware using lab equipment such as logic analyzers, serial data analyzers, oscilloscopes;
Demonstrating knowledge of PCB schematic and Layout
Revising control systems utilizing SVN or GIT
Tollgate process project management experience
Product certification experience in UL or FCC
Employer will accept Master’s degree plus three (3) years of the described experience.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS WD Wiring Devices
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time