Eaton Corporation has an immediate opening for a Specialist, IT.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will write and support Job Scheduling and Automation solutions to address business and technical requirements, leveraging standard processes and tools.
- You will ensure that all ERP and business applications schedules are designed and built to execute jobs as expected and meet with Business owners to resolve issues that occur to ensure Business Operations are not disrupted.
- You will Respond to Remedy Incidents and Requests within defined SLA’s and lead junior resources to develop new job schedules for projects as needs arise.
- You will identify tools and trends that can lead to process improvement within the team.
- You work in a highly matrixed organization spanning domestic and international locations and assess and evaluate products and vendors.
- You will drive decisions and deliverables within the team and provide proactive direction ensuring a stable and scalable solution.
- You will collaborate with business and development teams to drive robust testing methodologies and work within operational and performance metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Telecommuting allowed as part of our Flexible Work Solutions program.
- Requires Domestic/International travel up to 10% of time to meet with team members and internal clients to discuss project requirements.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Information Technology, Computer or Industrial Engineering or a directly related technical field plus five (5) years of experience with Control-M scheduling and IT Support. Experience must include:
Using the BMC Control-M Job Scheduling Application in all common uses of that tool, including: Financial Systems (Oracle Finance), Enterprise Resource Planning ERP systems (such as Oracle, Mfg/Pro, or SAP), and Infrastructure aspect Database Backup function.
Two (2) years of experience must include:
Utilizing Control-M administration duties, including the setup and configuration of the tool, patching, upgrades, User Administration, and system problem resolution.
Using BMC File Transfer program ‘AFT’ to fulfill customer requirements for internal File Transfers.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time