Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Lead Engineer Conveyance Systems
Working for our award-winning Engineering Team at Lakeside you will provide technical advice and direction to both external customers and internal functions.
Responsible for leading NPI/NPD programmes through all formal design
phases (internal and external where required). The SSTL shall be responsible
for compiling and/or approving technical responses to demonstrate Aerospace
Qualification & Certification compliance.’
Your key deliverables:
Contribute to and take a Lead role within the customer design process, representing Eaton at all reviews.
Compile technical responses demonstrating engineering compliance to satisfy qualification & certification requirements.
Compiling technial proposals for RFQ purposes.
Familiarity of designing from customer specifications using 2D & 3D design tools, preferably Catia V5.
Provide design solution documentation to enable product change or new design assessment.
Lead internal and customer design reviews, and assist programme reviews.
Manage internal & external engineering stakeholders, ensuring accurate recording and execution of actions to achieve maturity gates.
A good understanding of Reliability, Safety / Airworthiness, Production methods, Materials and Processes, and Stress and Performance analysis.
Provide Eaton product engineering support to customer SSTL (sub-system technical lead) for any aircraft in-service issues.
Co-ordinate engineering responses for both NPI/NPD & modification activities.
- Are you degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering
- we are looking for someone with an in depth knowledge of aerospace systems, with a competent understanding of the qualification and certification requirements of an Aerospace component NPI/NPD programme - and able to lead and mentor other members of the department through their technical
- Do you have prior Aerospace Industry Experience, within a design functional role?
- Do you have knowledge of working fluid, conveyance products?
- Are you experienced in leading problem solving events, i.e. utilizing 8Ds to an Aerospace Standard (AS13000)
- Do you have experience with Catia V5?
- Are you green belt certified in Design for Six Sigma?
- You will have worked with a variety of Aerospace materials.
- You will have prior experience of leveraging stress analysis to resolve complex technical issues.
- The successful candidate will have experience of visiting customers and dealing with customers technical queries
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No