Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking a CNC Machinist to join our 2nd shift team. This position is based at our Jackson, MS facility.
The CNC Machinist will perform a combination of duties that include the following classification functions; Finishing Cell Machining, Forming Cell Machining, Product Support Technician, Sub-Assembly, Storekeeping, Material Handling, and Cleaning & Snagging.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Rotate through each lean cell function and rotation through other lean cells.
- Perform visual and physical inspection of parts using functional measuring equipment.
- Apply Statistical Process Control (SPC) know how to detect an out-of-control condition as well as other problem solving methodologies to ensure quality of product.
- Interpret and work from complex drawings, blueprints and specifications.
- Set up and operate various types of machines and finishing equipment (lathes, mills, drills; CNC & Manual, grinders, CNC grinders, laps, hones) without assistance and maintain proper tolerances.
- Be responsible for returning all tools to their proper location at the end of the shift and cleaning work area.
- Perform sub-assembly operations such as, installation of pins, plugs, inserts, bearings, miscellaneous components, etc.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- One of the following is also required:
- Currently possesses a Machining certificate
- Associate’s degree in a technical field
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in machining, metalworking, or other mechanical discipline
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Ability to read and understand G & M code
- Prior work experience using hone, lap, and grind equipment
- Five years of precision machining experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Team player attitude demonstrated in boss and peer relationships
- Strong work ethic demonstrated through action orientation and a drive to achieve results
- Ability to read precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, depth gauges and other applicable equipment
- Experience operating equipment such as mills, lathes, surface grinders, ID Grinders, and/or OD Grinders
- Knowledge of inspection procedures
- Ability to setup and operate numerically controlled machines
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and applicable specifications
- Demonstrated ability to perform shop math
- Concern for job safety
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico