Eaton’s Hydraulic Business is currently seeking a Plant Accountant to join our team. This position is based at our Cleveland, TN location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The position assists in preparing financial analyses to support complex business decisions by plant management. Prepare, maintain and review proper accounting of various transactions. Support Operations finance departments in use of financial accounting systems (general ledger and accounts payable). Assist when necessary with profit plans, reporting of financial data, physical inventory and various reconciliations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Perform Payroll duties including reconciling payroll and following up with HR & Supervisors to ensure proper coding in the system.
- Handle accounts payable inquiries and responds to suppliers.
- Assist in month-end activities including journal entries, reconciliations and financial reports.
- Assist in annual preparation of the profit plan and the department budgets.
- Monitor, analyze and reconcile inventory; including cycle count procedures and the annual physical inventory.
- Cost accounting functions including rolling/maintaining standard costs. Variance analysis to monitor performance and detect trends affecting the business. Maintenance of pricing and customer files.
- Identify, track and validate accuracy of cost out projects and report actual and forecasted amounts.
- Process product returns and authorize credit for product changeovers
- Ensure compliance with SOX requirements.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor ‘s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, and/or Finance from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on an on-going basis without sponsorship.
- Fluent in Microsoft office, knowledge of ERP software
- Experience with standard cost and payroll
- Strong leadership, self starter and organizational skills with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team oriented, flexible, must be able to work closely with all levels of management and functions.
- Organized, detail oriented, with a high degree of accuracy and ability to work in a multi-task/functional environment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time