Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking an Energy Service Company (ESCO) Business Development Manager to join our team.
The ESCO Business Development Manager is responsible for:
Development of relationships with key ESCO’s and position products and services on behalf of Eaton’s Lighting on a national basis. These relationships will be grown by product training and technical support on ESCO projects. Superior product performance and technical expertise will be used to create value proposition that ESCO can use to differentiate capabilities to competing ESCOs.
The role will work closely with the Energy Sales team, Energy Marketing Team, Regional Sales teams for support at regional level for strategic ESCO partners. It will also connect ESCO partners to project or program opportunities where Eaton teams are engaged.
- Develop strong relationships with targeted ESCOs and contractors to grow market share.
- Where possible, connect ESCO partners to utility incentive programs including mid-stream and direct install.
- Develop network of support for national/regional coverage of ESCOs presence.
- Provide energy pipeline analysis and follow-up to secure timely project updates and closure.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in sales/marketing/product or related position in the ESCO industry
- A minimum 3 years’ sales experience in the lighting or electrical products industry.
- Must be able to travel at least 50% of the time
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Prefer Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree either within Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Prefer someone physically located in the west region (i.e. Denver, CO; Los Angeles, CA; Sacramento, CA; Phoenix, AZ; Seattle, WA); however, all individuals regardless of where they are geographically located will be considered.
- Prefer candidate with the following accreditations: CLEP, CEM, LC
- Experience in the Energy/Utility marketplace with exposure to lighting and/or appliance product lines desired
- Knowledge of Eaton Lighting’s LED and controls products desired.
- Self-starter, good attention to details, follow-up and execution.
- Solid presentation skills; ability to effectively communicate to customers and program administrators
- Must be organized and able to track multiple programs simultaneously
- Keen relational development skills to develop and grow relationships with utility incentive program / utility program implementation contractors / energy services companies / contractors
- Growth of product sales through increased ESCO relationships and training.
- Demonstrated on-going relationships with key ESCO partners and increased market share.
- Demonstrated competence gains by regional sales staff and local representatives on the territories’ ESCO presence.
- Demonstrated energy pipeline growth, tracking completeness, and closure rates.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time