Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer for our Infrastructure Center of Excellence (INFCOE) team. The Senior Network Engineer will be focused on designing, building, delivering, and maintaining network solutions to address business and technical requirements, leveraging industry and standard principles and patterns. This position is based at our Eaton Center in Beachwood, Ohio; no relocation is being offered. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work remote from another US Eaton Facility or an approved home office.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role as a Senior Network Engineer you will:
- Design, build, deliver, and maintain network solutions to meet customer requirements, and lead overall efforts in working with cross-functional teams.
- Implements processes, standards, and governance of network environments.
- Provides subject matter expertise and leadership of network technologies contributing to integrated solution designs, development, and implementation.
- Identify and make appropriate changes to technologies, integrated platforms, and systems to meet customer and operational requirements
- Continuously seek to more efficiently manage and utilize technology, platforms, and systems.
- Highlight design risks, provide alternative options, and recommend quality solution to specified problem.
- Strong ability to document and set standards.
- Incorporate Security controls and technologies into the overall system implementations.
- Enable automation to reduce release cycle time and provide Higher Quality.
- Mentor, guide, and influence others, acting as a technology thought leader.
- Set project implementation approach for team, customer, and external supplier activities and deliverables.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 8 years of IT experience OR a graduate of Eaton’s Leadership Development and 4 years of experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must have strong knowledge of Cisco technologies and robust scripting skills to help drive automation in this space.
- Experience in Cisco network centric ACI deployments, multi-pod fabrics, L2\L3 connectivity concepts and Cisco NX-OS
- Strong knowledge of complex network routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF
- Previous experience in designing and managing load balancing technologies
- Understanding of Layer 2 overlay technologies such as OTV, AToMPLS, L2TPv3, GRE and VxLAN
- Experience in delivery and configuring various network management tools
- Experience engineering, delivering, and supporting IOS and IOS-XE based routing platforms (ISR, ISRG2, ISR4K, ASR).
- Experience engineering, delivering, and supporting IOS, IOS-XE, and NX-OS based switching platforms
- Strong knowledge of wireless LANs and centralized wireless controller management
- Thorough comprehension around L2 and L3 QoS concepts
- Robust scripting skills to provide automation and streamlined processes to provide consistency in the environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time