Cooper Lighting, LLC has an immediate opening for a Lead Software Engineer.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will collaborate with analysts and designers in the development and initiation of new software programs and applications and write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to given specifications
- You will research and identify 3rd party architectures, products, tools and frameworks that can be leveraged to create solutions that best meet technical and functional requirements.
- You will analyze risk and report problems in meeting technical and functional requirements and lead efforts to analyze alternative, develop proofs-of-concepts and document results, including engineering notes, issues and lessons learned..
- You will asses the performance and scalability of prototypes and solutions. Use industry standards and best practices to create and validate software architectures that best support customer requirements.
- You will document architectural designs in ways that clearly describe solutions, including blueprints and unified modeling language diagram and oversee the development, validations and documentation of software implementations.
- You will participate in the review of software designs, implementations and documentations and ensure that security and quality assurance best practices are followed throughout the software development lifecycle.
- You will oversee the deployment of solutions to integrate and test environments and run and monitor performance tests on new and existing software to correct mistakes, isolate areas for improvement and debug. Administer diagnostic analysis test results and deliver solutions to critical areas.
- You will develop an awareness of programming and design alternatives, cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application development best practices, and gather statistics. While preparing and writing reports on the status of programming process for discussion with management and team members.
- You will determine, develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Requires up to 10% international travel to other Eaton locations to collaborate on projects.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other STEM related major), or a directly related field plus 3 (three) years of experience in software engineering. Experience must include:
One (1) year of experience must involve (experience may be gained concurrently):
Working with Core Java, Spring Framework, REST, SQL, and Agile Scrum and developing the ability to use these independently;
Demonstrating knowledge of best practice software engineering methodologies, processes, and technologies
Demonstrating knowledge of object-oriented programming and design principles.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time