Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking a Field Service Technician to join our team. This is a field based position; the ideal candidate for the role will be located in San Diego, CA or Los Angeles, CA.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for performing on site commissioning of lighting controls products. This includes travel to job sites in various phases of construction to examine installation, test equipment, program equipment with desired settings, and training end users on the use and upkeep of the lighting control systems installed. In this role, you will work closely with the technical support phone representatives to provide service to on-site customers as well as providing technical expertise for customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Travel to sites to commission installed lighting control systems. This may include troubleshooting, proper installation verification, system programming and customer training.
- Assist in the gathering of data for project commissioning, including completed panel schedule paperwork and other documents pertinent to job commissioning.
- Prepare and submit documentation regarding site visitations to the Phone Support center in order for streamlined continued support of the customer site.
- Assist with training of additional field support representatives or lighting representatives.
- Act as a backup phone support representative when not commissioning projects in the field answering incoming calls regarding questions on the lighting control product line including, but not limited to, implementation of hardware and computer software in the field, programming of controllers, wiring of components and arrangement for replacement parts.
- Perform timely reporting and database maintenance from the site commissioning is required in order to ensure a fluid transition from Field Service to Technical phone Support for the end user customer.
- Complete special projects as required by management.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution OR an Electrical Journeyman Degree OR Licensed Electrician OR Certified Electrical Technician
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a customer facing role
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future
- Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. Candidate must be located within 50 miles of San Diego, CA or Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in Technical field sales or repair.
- Experience in Lighting, Controls, HVAC, or security system industry.
- Background in IT and networking
- Must be able to travel up to 90% of the time
- Ability to tactfully respond to questions, and frame responses in conjunction with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to define problems, analyze data and draw valid conclusions that result in solid recommendations.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of energy and personal drive.
- Ability to demonstrate strong project management and organization skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with, and technically train, customers at all levels of the construction process, including contractors and engineers.
- Ability to serve as common customer point of contact to Eaton.
- Ability to adhere to and promote Eaton’s Zero Incident Safety Culture.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time