Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Visual Quality Inspector to join our third shift team. This position is based at our Kearney, NE facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Conduct required product inspections and maintain appropriate systems (Inspection and Quality Logs).
- Uses various gauging and measurement instruments to ensure that products fall within unique customer specifications.
- Keeps packing and gauging machines running and make adjustments when necessary.
- Reads production blueprints and understands the multiple quality concerns that that must be taken into consideration during the production process. Analyzes and reports production non-conformances.
- Support continuous improvement, safety, quality, lean, and 5S initiatives.
- Adhere to regulatory and facility safety guidelines while on-site.
- Sometimes asked to lift items that may weight up to 50 pounds.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year working in a manufacturing, warehouse, or related environment
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Knowledge of measurement instruments
- Must be able to sit and maintain a high level of focus for hours at a time
- Must have the ability to communicate issues to relevant parties within the organization
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No